Remove America Remove Community Remove Fractional CTO Remove Small Business
article thumbnail

Startup America Partnership

Feld Thoughts

On Monday I was at the White House to help announce the Startup America Partnership. For an awesome description of Startup America, please read Aneesh Chopra’s (the United States CTO) post on TechCrunch titled Startup America: A Campaign To Celebrate, Inspire And Accelerate Entrepreneurship.

America 149
article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #110 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

These posts and videos are about logo design , web design , startups, entrepreneurship, small business, leadership, social media, marketing, and more! The image above shows a small section of an infographic examining the remarkable odds that each of us exists. How to make crowdsourcing work for your business – [link].

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Tech Diversity & Inclusion Allies at SXSW

Austin Startup

SXSW Panel: Attracting VC Investment Outside of Silicon Valley Carolyn Rodz (@carolynrodz) | Twitter Holly Gibson Founder Austin Women Who Code Holly loves the Austin tech community and serves it as the Founder of the Women Who Code Austin, a network of 2800+ women in tech.

article thumbnail

The Other Amazon Deal this week. Drupal founder attracts over $100 Million in 3 months.

Scalable Startup

When Open Source software projects are launched, the progenitors often start a for-profit sister company to garner some income from training, support and consulting. It gained recognition during the 2004 presidential campaign when Howard Dean’s IT director decided to use it as a platform for community and campaigning.

Founder 42
article thumbnail

Essential Startup Funding Tips from 8 Seasoned Investors

mashable.com

The Small Business Tips Series is supported by Bantam Live , a web-based collaboration workspace with “Social CRM&# for small business teams. The Small Business Tips Series is supported by Bantam Live , a web-based collaboration workspace with “Social CRM&# for small business teams.

article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

The programmer will probably not understand your business model, and therefore cant help you point out anything that doesnt make sense in the requirements. I also know someone else who consulted me about his website idea. Well as a programmer of many websites I find that it is easier for my clients to consult my ideas first.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

Do a curl (or your.NET equivalent) on each domain, and see how many are running a Windows server: I think you’ll find the fraction very small. But I’ve seen some recent comments that this post might have upset and offended the SMB community that we serve, and that I cannot abide. For that, I’m truly sorry.

Java 107