Remove Angel Investor Remove Community Remove Southern California Remove Startup
article thumbnail

How to Work with Lawyers at a Startup

Both Sides of the Table

If you’re a startup and you don’t have a close relationship with a few law firms you’re really missing one of the most important relationships that any entrepreneur can have. I write about some of the lessons in my post on Startup Mistakes. Every town has firms that focus on startups – find them.

article thumbnail

There Is Only ONE Silicon Valley

Gust

The Valley produces world-class entrepreneurs, angel investors, venture capitalists and successful high-tech companies – all growing and creating jobs on one relatively small peninsula. It hosts an environment which many other communities have attempted to emulate, although they haven’t and won’t.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What’s the Real Deal with AngelList?

Both Sides of the Table

Babak Nivi is one of the most understated, helpful & important people on the entrepreneur / startup scene in NorCal. What he gave the community with VentureHacks is a pure gift to the community. What about “seed&# investors? I don’t believe AngelList hurts seed investors either. Domain knowledge.

article thumbnail

Inaugural Open Angel Forum Was a Success

Both Sides of the Table

If you want some tips on getting access I wrote a post on how to access VCs but the same logic applies to angels. The event last night in Los Angeles was great. Also present were NorCal angels including Ron Conway , Chris Sacca and Shervin Pishevar. It does not and that’s a good thing. They deserve more credit.

article thumbnail

Launchpad LA – 10 Startup Companies to Watch

Both Sides of the Table

We want to give our brightest new startups the connections and interactions they need to help streamline success. It was a great chance for the class to interact with the community in LA. Walk into any Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in Southern California and you can’t miss their digital screens. Watch this space.

article thumbnail

The Premiere Showcase of San Diego Startups

Business Plan Blog

Over 200 eager startups applied for the journey months out from the competition. Ten finalists presented to the crowd of over 500 leaders in the entrepreneurial community and to the diverse panel of judges. Visit the Tech Coast Angels website for more information. ” And it did. Each had two minutes to sell their idea.

article thumbnail

Rustic Canyon Speaks out on GaiKai Exit, Changing Nature of VC, LA Tech & More

Both Sides of the Table

Both companies were in Los Angeles. He penned a great piece on the LA tech community here in Forbes. We sat down for an hour to talk about why what GaiKai built was able to overcome its much better funded rival and to dispel the myth that great engineering teams don’t exist in Southern California.