Remove Austin Remove Community Remove Design Remove Software Engineering
article thumbnail

How a crappy promotion led to me being a software engineer

Austin Startup

This post expands on a recent podcast I did with Living Corporate outlining the story behind my career switch to software engineering. My undergrad was in Nutritional Science at UT Austin, and I have a graduate business degree from Arizona State University. This has all been a plot twist I didn’t think was possible.

article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Today I’d like to talk about what startup communities outside of Silicon Valley look like, how they emerge and what makes them take hold. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate. It’s a very smartly designed debenture program.

Community 378
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Vote Local, Austin: 18 SXSW panels featuring Austinites that deserve your PanelPicker vote

Austin Startup

Support the ATX Startup Community by voting for this selection of panels featuring Austinites. Once submitted, the community is allowed to chime in and vote on what topics capture their interest. Once submitted, the community is allowed to chime in and vote on what topics capture their interest. We reached out to the M.io

Austin 48
article thumbnail

SXSW Startups: Horizon

Austin Startup

Winners in 10 categories will be announced at the Pitch Award Ceremony at 6:30 pm Sunday, March 10, at the Hilton Austin. We’ve got an incredible engineering team that cares a lot about system design, architecture and user experience. Please explain the token standard you recently helped design, ERC-1155. He has an Erd?s

article thumbnail

Tech Diversity & Inclusion Allies at SXSW

Austin Startup

It’s a big priority in Austin and at Capital Factory, too. Her day job is Head of Commercialization but she is also the Director of Diversity & Inclusion at Capital Factory, leading the Austin Diversity Council and advocating for women and LBGTQ in tech.

article thumbnail

SXSW 2017: Connecting The Great Disconnect

Austin Startup

Every person is a friend, a citizen, a member of a global community. That is because they have designed the experience to transpire in such a way that it is what you make of it. And as Baratunde Thurston coined, just because you are software engineers, that doesn’t mean you should be social engineers.

article thumbnail

We Flew To SXSW So You Don’t Have To

Austin Startup

Staying ahead of the curve in a competitive world Written by: Farouk Dossa , Senior Account Executive SXSW is a film, interactive media, and music festival and conference held in Austin, Texas that draws thousands of people from all over the world. Is the answer a community portal? How can they engage directly with their customers?

Texas 54