Remove Austria Remove Community Remove Demand Remove Operations
article thumbnail

The State Department Meets the Lean Startup – Hacking For Diplomacy

Steve Blank

Building off last spring’s pioneering Hacking for Defense class, which sought to connect Silicon Valley’s innovation culture and mindset to the Pentagon and the intelligence community, we’ve now expanded our horizons to the Department of State. Or is it satellite operators, or satellite insurers? You need to see their pupils dilate!”.

Lean 278
article thumbnail

The State Department Meets the Lean Startup – Hacking For Diplomacy

Steve Blank

Building off last spring’s pioneering Hacking for Defense class, which sought to connect Silicon Valley’s innovation culture and mindset to the Pentagon and the intelligence community, we’ve now expanded our horizons to the Department of State. Or is it satellite operators, or satellite insurers? You need to see their pupils dilate!”.

Lean 120
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #11: Jeremy Howard on the power of masks, health policy, and data science in medicine

Startup Lessons Learned

Before that I was an equal partner in Kaggle, which is a popular data science competition community. So I was always doing linear programming and operations research stuff, and regression models and whatever to try to solve corporate strategy problems. We should all wear them in public." You can see why I'm known as an AI guy.