Remove Charlotte Remove Community Remove Conversion Remove Government
article thumbnail

NCWIT Awards for Aspirations in Computing

Feld Thoughts

Several years ago on a Saturday I found myself at Bank of America Corporate Center in Charlotte. I had gone for a three hour run early in the morning on a beautiful spring day in Charlotte and my mind was wandering all over the place. Help out on systems for their schools and local governments. Hack on open source projects.

Charlotte 191
article thumbnail

Champing At The Bit: Can You Pay Your Workers In Bitcoin?

YoungUpstarts

There is no middleman between parties exchanging the currency, unlike regular forms of payment that are backed and controlled by a central government authority or a bank. Announcing that you pay workers in bitcoin might signal to the community that you are a cutting-edge business on the forefront of modern strategies.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

MANAGING DIRECTOR OF TECHSTARS AUSTIN

Austin Startup

24: Charlotte, NC?—? City governments connect with local entrepreneurs, corporations, and community leaders to grow and sustain a vibrant startup economy. New York City, NY Sept. 10: Techstars New York?—?New New York City, NY?—? RSVP here Sept. 11: Startup Week?—?Washington Washington D.C. 18: Startup Week?—?Denver,

Austin 48
article thumbnail

Best Of Both Worlds: Mixing HTML5 And Native Code

mobile.smashingmagazine.com

This further ensures that you tightly control the API that governs which portions of native functionality may be accessed by the Web view. The UIWebView in iOS and its associated UIWebViewDelegate provide the mechanism that allows native code and JavaScript to communicate with each other. Bridging From iOS To A UIWebView. Your name *.