Remove Charlotte Remove Community Remove Hiring Remove Small Business
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain How They are Incorporating Social Entrepreneurship in Their Business

Hearpreneur

3- Hiring underprivileged people. One way that OhMy dot ca has found to do this is by hiring employees from underprivileged backgrounds. I work on meeting with people, especially those in vulnerable communities, to help educate them on this topic. 8- By equitable hiring practice. Thanks to Jeremy Yamaguchi, Lawn Love ! #2-

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Share Their Tips and Tricks of Staying Motivated

Hearpreneur

Add to that being the owner of a well established business, as well as leading a massive online community we are growing and you’ve got a recipe for no free time. In our local cleaning business, we are giving our clients the gift of time, freeing them from chores and allowing them more time with their families or for themselves.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- To build a community. I wanted to be a part of a community of consultants that would provide me with the opportunity to build relationships with other practitioners, share lessons learned, and periodically collaborate.

article thumbnail

Tips For Business Growth In 2014

YoungUpstarts

economy but competition is tough for American businesses, especially for small businesses competing against a sea of big box competitors. It’s important to note that many of today’s small businesses are owned and operated by women. to substantially grow their businesses. Be Different and/or Better.

article thumbnail

Kevin Durant Could Teach Businesses a Thing or Two

crowdSPRING Blog

But I am also at a point in my life where it is of equal importance to find an opportunity that encourages my evolution as a man: moving out of my comfort zone to a new city and community which offers the greatest potential for my contribution and personal growth. Charlotte wasn’t big enough for Alonzo Mourning and Larry Johnson.