Remove Chicago Remove Community Remove Technical Review Remove Vesting
article thumbnail

A Few Key People Really Can Make a Huge Difference

Both Sides of the Table

Seattle should be the envy of any non Silicon Valley tech community in the country. It really wouldn’t take much to turn a great technology ecosystem into a truly electric one. My recipe for Seattle or your community: 1. Community Leaders + Organizers. It takes both to build a community.

Seattle 317
article thumbnail

StartupBus – Round 2, Part 2 – Mexico Storms San Antonio, Steals StartupBus Show – (Post #6)

Up and Running

Entrepreneur Zack Price is guest blogging his experience on the 2013 StartupBus as it makes its way from Chicago to SXSW in Austin. That’s just how we roll in the Startup Community. So bueno in fact, I have to put the rest of the Semi Finals on hold to due a bloggy post solely on this south of the border autobús.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

But I’ve seen some recent comments that this post might have upset and offended the SMB community that we serve, and that I cannot abide. Guess which technology we have the least trouble with. You have a CEO that clearly hasn’t taken the time to understand a technology platform. For that, I’m truly sorry.

Java 107
article thumbnail

The 18 Mistakes That Kill Startups

www.paulgraham.com

In townslike Houston and Chicago and Detroit its too small to measure. It happens so oftenthat weve reversed our attitude to vesting. We still dont requireit, but now we advise founders to vest so there will be an orderlyway for people to quit. Silicon Valleydominates, then Boston, then Seattle, Austin, Denver, and New York.

Startup 108
article thumbnail

Transcript of Can a Sales Person Really Think Like a Marketer?

Duct Tape Marketing

One, and from a content perspective the firm I work with Relationship One is a marketing, technology services company and we focus pretty much exclusively on the oracle marketing cloud suite of solutions so — and my background before joining this firm, I was with Eloqua which is kind of the crown jewel of the oracle marketing cloud.

Sales 34