Remove Coder Remove Community Remove Customer Development Remove Founder
article thumbnail

The cardinal sin of community management

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Friday, September 11, 2009 The cardinal sin of community management Once you have a product launched, you will the face the joys – and the despair – of a community that grows up around it. Most normal customers – even among early adopters - do not pay attention to the trolls.

Community 158
article thumbnail

Women 2.0 » FounderDating: How I Found My Co-Founder

www.women2.org

female founders. founder friday. Lessons learned from female founders and women entrepreneurs. Startup Quote: Wendy Tan White on Building a Successful Startup » FounderDating: How I Found My Co-Founder. Tweet By Elizabeth Knopf (Co-Founder & CEO, Sorced). Scoring Founder “Dates” On My Own.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 lessons I learned by taking the entrepreneurial Red Pill

The Next Web

One of the things I found most valuable from participating in the Founder Institute was a lesson about the Golden Circle by Simon Sinek. Nowadays I’m not a great coder, but in 12 months I learned how to rock in HTML/CSS, JS & Python. One of the darkest moments as an entrepreneur for me was to have co-founders leave the company.

article thumbnail

Back to Colombia: Vive La Revolución Emprendedora!

Steve Blank

Those who don’t make it into the class are offered a variety of on- and off-line tools, including government-funded translations of Steve’s nine-part Udacity.com Customer Development lectures , excerpts from the Startup Owner’s Manual in Spanish, and they’ve translated a long list of Code Academy courses and other tools as well.

Colombia 321
article thumbnail

Back to Colombia: Vive La Revolución Emprendedora!

Steve Blank

Those who don’t make it into the class are offered a variety of on- and off-line tools, including government-funded translations of Steve’s nine-part Udacity.com Customer Development lectures , excerpts from the Startup Owner’s Manual in Spanish, and they’ve translated a long list of Code Academy courses and other tools as well.

Colombia 271
article thumbnail

From Nothing To Something. How To Get There.

techcrunch.com

One of the things I do as a founder of a later stage startup is to meet with early stage entrepreneurs to help them get their companies going. A good mentor is someone who has been part of the startup community themselves – someone who has a realistic understanding of some of the basic dos and don’ts of starting up. and Google.

article thumbnail

Crazy! 189 Answers To The Top Startup Questions On Your Mind

maplebutter.com

Whats is the best way to find a co-founder for your startup? However, one of my co-founders doesn’t seem to be as motivated as the rest of us. Create a strong brand, solid social community, sell advertising. However, i need a technical person (web developer) who can bring my vision to life. you can hire for those.