Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Global Remove South America
article thumbnail

12 Top Picks: Austin Startup Week on Oct 12

Austin Startup

The ATX Startup Crawl is free and open to the entire Austin startup community. Bringing a Virtual Community Into the Physical 2:00 pm at the New Movement A discussion of the streaming community from Twitch. Why do these communities matter? Last year, more than 50 companies and 6,000+ registered crawlers participated.

Austin 77
article thumbnail

Why I Invested in Gogii (textPlus) – My First Ever Later Stage Deal

Both Sides of the Table

Gogii came in my office in 2009 with three of the most talented founders I had seen. Scott Lahman , Zack Norman & Austin Murray were the three co-founders of JAMDAT, the most successful mobile 1.0 I’m on record all over place saying that 70% of my investment decision is the team & 30% is the market.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Consider Daniel Dreymann, a founder of Goodmail Systems Inc., Mr. Dreymann moved his family from Israel in 2004 after co-founding Goodmail in Mountain View, Calif., and Verizon Communications Inc. Globaloney: Globalization Challenged. Mexico/Central America. South America. Replay the event.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneur Making Huge Strides in the Digital Age

Hearpreneur

That’s the story of Zima Media, and the co-founders, Michael Zima and Damien Bouvier. Growing today, there is a thriving community of entrepreneurs and incubators for young talent. Ever imagined working successfully with a person you’ve never met? Now, they will be meeting in July for the first time.

article thumbnail

Grow VC Relaunches For Bigger Growth

YoungUpstarts

Global online crowd-funding platform and venture community Grow VC has tweaked its micro investment membership model, as well as developed and implemented a whole new set of tools to empower startup companies, making investing in startups transparent and effective. made more effective.