Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Part-Time VPE Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

Leadership is More Than a Memo

Steve Blank

The book explores the role of gender in the tech industry – at startups and venture capital firms – and the interaction between men and women in the two. While Silicon Valley has grown to have global influence, in many ways the cultural leadership from the venture community has dramatically shrunk in the last decade.

article thumbnail

The Secret History of Minnesota Part 1: Engineering Research Associates

Steve Blank

While unique for the time, this public-private partnership was in-line with the wartime experiment of Vannevar Bush’s OSRD – using civilians in universities to develop military weapons. Norris became the VP of Engineering, Engstrom the VP of Research, and Meader VP of Manufacturing. Why Minneapolis/St.

Minnesota 281
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Women 2.0 » FounderDating: How I Found My Co-Founder

www.women2.org

female founders. founder friday. Lessons learned from female founders and women entrepreneurs. Startup Quote: Wendy Tan White on Building a Successful Startup » FounderDating: How I Found My Co-Founder. Tweet By Elizabeth Knopf (Co-Founder & CEO, Sorced). Conference 2012.

article thumbnail

Ardent War Story 5: The Best Marketers Are Engineers

Steve Blank

I would discover that there was a more effective alternative in building a marketing department than hiring traditional marketers with MBA’s. Some of these advisors from the academic community would work with our of VP of Engineering and help us solve specific technical problems.

Engineer 198