article thumbnail

Choosing a Programming Language and Framework for Your Startup

SoCal CTO

We had an interesting presentation at the LA CTO Forum by the CTO of a startup who chose Groovy / Grails as the framework for their startup. t prompted a good discussion around how CTOs go about choosing the programming language and framework for their startup. The rest is just down and dirty algorithmic programming.

Framework 330
article thumbnail

Amazon Redshift Too Slow or Crashing? BlazingDB Performs

Austin Startup

The founders are committed to the global distributed computing community and engage fully by offering and sustaining a free community versio n for life. BlazingDB takes the concept of community further by creating an extremely diverse and inclusive work environment and has taken the 1% pledge.

Peru 58
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Accel APX conference: short take aways

Cracking the Code

We had around 300 attendees and our room at the Terra Gallery was packed. gathered at the event. It is not very polished but was designed for a fast read.

API 48
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #27: Eren Bali of Carbon Health on public health, COVID vaccinations, and working as a unified society to solve problems

Startup Lessons Learned

So, you talk about American sports and American sports are also very different than the rest of the world's sports. So, and then the second thing is like, occasionally, a lot of people would assume I'm a technical, like CTO of a company. I think it was considered the first community spread patient. And I felt horrible.

article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

Save the rest for later. No need to even tell people about the rest unless theyre really really interested. Then carry on with the rest. I also know someone else who consulted me about his website idea. Well as a programmer of many websites I find that it is easier for my clients to consult my ideas first.

article thumbnail

Essential Startup Funding Tips from 8 Seasoned Investors

mashable.com

The web and technology bubble has a lot in common with the rest of the business world in that there are essentially two disparate groups — the haves and the have nots. Mashable Mashable reached out to angels, seed stage investors and VC firm partners and asked them to share their wisdom with the rest of us.

article thumbnail

From Nothing To Something. How To Get There.

techcrunch.com

Only eBay was founded by a single individual – the rest were team efforts. A good mentor is someone who has been part of the startup community themselves – someone who has a realistic understanding of some of the basic dos and don’ts of starting up. First and foremost, find a great founding team. This happens a lot.