article thumbnail

Minimum Wage Boost in Silicon Valley Ups the Cinderella Factor

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

I’d personally like to see Silicon Valley open its doors to immigrants from distant lands like Michigan, Kentucky, Alabama — even Hoosiers from Indiana. That’s some strong evidence that raising the minimum wage throughout all the valley communities would make sense purely as an economic stimulant.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

SIGNIFICANCE PROMINENT. --> The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail. An entrepreneur with a hot technology and venture-capital funding becomes a billionaire in his 20s. The National Venture Capital Association estimates that 25% to 30% of venture-backed businesses fail. NAME David Cowan.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

WSGR online venture financing term sheet generator

Startup Company Lawyer

Always looking for ways to better serve the entrepreneurial community, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is pleased to announce the release of the WSGR Term Sheet Generator , a publicly available online tool that allows entrepreneurs and investors to generate an initial draft of a term sheet for a preferred stock financing.

article thumbnail

In Cloud We Trust: First Round invests in Backupify

This is going to be BIG.

What's really exciting is the enthusiasm among the tech community for services that help enterprises, small businesses, and consumers alike move to the cloud. He's been in Louisville, Kentucky over the last few years and he's been talking about moving to a more robust innovation community for as long as I know him.

Cloud 112
article thumbnail

Transcript from my GrowVC interview

A Crowded Space

I’m your host, Marcus, and today we’re talking to Josh Breinlinger, who currently works as a senior associate at Sigma Partners, a venture capital firm in Menlo Park. I think on the plus side, really the biggest surprise is how much you learn in venture capital. Josh: Thanks for having me. Marcus: Okay.