article thumbnail

Innovation and Venture Capital in New Jersey

Feld Thoughts

If you are a fan of Startup Communities , there’s a lot going on around new initiatives on this front. Ian Hathaway and I are hard at work on a book called The Startup Community Way, which is modeled after Eric Ries’ evolution of The Lean Startup to his recent book The Startup Way.

article thumbnail

Announcing our summer intern class

David Teten

A bit belatedly (due to a backlog of blog postings), I wanted to announce ff Venture Capital ‘s summer intern class. Franklin Bi became passionate about venture capital and entrepreneurship after he spent a summer in Silicon Valley, working on an information services startup focused on innovation management.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

“CEO is the new Analyst.”. My former Partner John Frankel of ff Venture Capital observes that 20 years ago, the defining movie of the generation was “Wall Street”. Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community.

article thumbnail

[US] Rutgers Partners H360 Capital And NJIT To Attract Tech Companies To Newark

YoungUpstarts

Rutgers’ Center for Urban Entrepreneurship & Economic Development (CUEED) , has announced a partnership with a minority-run early stage venture capital firm, H360 Capital , and NJIT’s Enterprise Development Center (EDC) , to attract technology companies to Newark, New Jersey.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

SIGNIFICANCE PROMINENT. --> The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail. Find New $LINKTEXTFIND$ » smaller. An entrepreneur with a hot technology and venture-capital funding becomes a billionaire in his 20s. and Verizon Communications Inc. NAME David Cowan. Stock Quotes. Ghoshs research.

article thumbnail

Where are the Deals? How VCs Identify the Next Generation of Startups

David Teten

Prior to joining ff Venture Capital , I published the first-ever study of how private equity and venture capital funds originate new investments, with my coauthor Chris Farmer , CEO of SignalFire and an experienced VC. ff Venture Capital. First Round Capital. Acquirer/ Investor. 2009) [ii].

article thumbnail

HBS Alumni Angels NY new chairman: Jason Klein

David Teten

Klein, CEO of On Grid Ventures , will serve as the new Chairman of Harvard Business School Alumni Angels of Greater NY. I will continue to work closely with the group, while continuing to serve as a Partner at ff Venture Capital. about 150 for Golden Seeds in New York, the largest group).

New York 114