article thumbnail

21 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

Henry Sy, the guy behind the world-famous SM Malls, is a household name in the Philippines. They're also dedicated to giving back to the community and their employees, who each receive three pints of ice cream per day. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Thanks to Ryan Jeffords, BHPH ! #2- 2- Henry Sy.

article thumbnail

What Do Diversity Hiring and Work From Home Jobs Have in Common?

Transformify

Instead of paying ridiculously high rent in San Francisco or London, startups and small businesses can spend on product development and marketing, thus tremendously increasing the chances of successful market entry and expansion. The same was valid for hiring neurodiverse people in general.

Hiring 98
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #31 – Design, Copywriting, Marketing, Small Business, Social Media And More

crowdSPRING Blog

How to Kill the Design Community – [link]. Cuevas (Philippines) [interview with a crowdSPRING designer] – [link]. Legal Contracts for Software Developers Who Hate Contracts (w/free contract template to use today) – [link]. Showcase of Textures in Print Design – [link]. I hope you enjoy these links!

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #75 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

12 Questions: Meet Mon Paningbatan (Philippines) – [link]. Legal Contracts for Software Developers Who Hate Contracts (w/free contract template tco use today) – [link]. Ultimate Collection of Free Photoshop Layer Styles – [link]. 30 Inherently Useful Tools for Freelancers – [link].

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

But I’ve seen some recent comments that this post might have upset and offended the SMB community that we serve, and that I cannot abide. In fact, the open source community can learn a lot from Microsoft in terms of backward compatibility and tools for productivity. same thing goes for the majority of the Java community).NET

Java 107
article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

Weve built Sandcastle specifically for an entrepreneur with an idea, who is not a developer. Sandcastle is a software development service for entrepreneurs. I would rather go for an established development company which can easily scale development team as project grows. Also consider hiring by recommendation.