article thumbnail

Your 2015 guide to summer reading for startups

The Next Web

Suggested by: Brittany Berger , Content & PR Manager @ Mention. Yes, I’ve applied a ton of tips from the book to my writing (such as blog posts), but it’s also changed the way I write everyday communication such as emails. Suggested by: Brittany Berger , Content & PR Manager @ Mention. Everybody Writes by Ann Handley.

PR 60
article thumbnail

Should You Share Equity with Consultants?

www.inc.com

Join our community. He suggests granting the options on day one but making sure they vest only upon satisfactory completion of the project. That way, he says, "Vesting is an encouragement for the project to be completed.". Learn how from the experts at PR Newswire. ); Login or signup. Welcome | Logout. Forgot login ?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Launch Your Own Startup Part 4 (money, culture and becoming a manager)

The Next Web

But never give away shares without vesting. And your first community person is not likely to be your VP Marketing. Depending on your team and the risk of the business, you should reserve 15% to 20% of equity for the first investors you get on board. 10-20% for employees. 60-70% for founders.

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #92 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

Interesting but punitive provision in Skype’s option plan allowing repurchase of even vested options at grant price – [link]. Tech Start-Ups Struggle With Followup Fund-Raising – [link]. Startups Need to Make Leaps of Faith, But Not Blindly – [link]. 10 Marketing Lessons for Early-Stage Tech Startups - [link].

article thumbnail

A Few Key People Really Can Make a Huge Difference

Both Sides of the Table

Seattle should be the envy of any non Silicon Valley tech community in the country. And that is precisely my thoughts for Seattle and what I plan to deliver on Thursday night: Which few key community leaders are going to step up and get those neurons properly firing and connected? My recipe for Seattle or your community: 1.

Seattle 317
article thumbnail

25 Best Startup Failure Post-Mortems of All Time

www.chubbybrain.com

Luckily, the startup community often courageously shares their stories – even when things don’t end well. Three notes before we begin: After reading these, you realize more than ever that the startup community is really like no other. Go vest yourself. Too much PR, too early. Company : BricaBox.

article thumbnail

Transcript of Can a Sales Person Really Think Like a Marketer?

Duct Tape Marketing

John: And a little tip for listeners if the target that you’re — the person your target has a PR firm, go to the PR firm because they’ll put them on the show in a heartbeat. Scott: Yeah. That works too.

Sales 34