article thumbnail

How to Scale Support of Portfolio Companies

David Teten

Large private equity funds like KKR can afford to pursue a consulting model ( Capstone ), typically with associated fees, but that doesn’t normally make economic sense for a VC. N etwork – We organize events regularly to build out our community. For example, consider public relations.

article thumbnail

Public Hospital Modern Woes – Aging Infrastructure, Unions, Pensions, High Regulation. 

The Startup Magazine

The most common way for a public hospital to become part of a larger health system (whether community nonprofit, faith based, or for-profit) is by using a lease structure, rather than an outright sale of stock or assets. Later stage Private Equity buyers rely more on existing hospital management and employees than in other industries.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

An Investor’s Personal Social Media Tech Stack: In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 followers

David Teten

In the venture capital/private equity business, investors are B2B microinfluencers. Other coinvestors: Limited partners, other VCs who are coinvestors, private equity funds which are potential growth-stage investors, etc. (That said, I think videoconferencing will supplant more in-person meetings over time.).

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Love About Being an Entrepreneur

Hearpreneur

While I wasn’t selected by one of the five TV sharks, I was able to create a partnership with a private equity group that saw my segment. This led us to buy a building in an adjacent community. Thanks to Kiedra Tyson, B3 Face Forward Public Relations ! #14- Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

Impact Investing: a time for problems to become opportunities

VC Cafe

Impact Investing has been around for a long time, most prominently since the 1960’s as companies and governments began engaging with the concept through private equity and debt investing in developing economies. I believe that if we don’t get tech into SDGs right now we’ll never make it by 2030.