article thumbnail

How to Find the Right Online Communities

David Teten

The user experience in the big, ungated social networks is getting steadily worse: spam, bots, fake news. One result: I think we’ll see people spending more and more time in gated online communities. Particularly in a time of social distancing, when people can’t meet one another in person. Community Findr.

article thumbnail

How to launch a startup without knowing a line of code

The Next Web

For many startups, this was the secret to massive success : David Quail is a super talented software engineer, with one exit already under his belt. Build a support knowledge base and community forum with Zendesk , Uservoice , or GetSatisfaction. Can a real person perform these tasks manually?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Techies? Write Your Own Ticket In Southern California

blog.socaltech.com

My conclusion: if you’re a software engineer, with good technical background and ability, you can pretty much write your own ticket in Southern California. Build a Facebook application or other social networking app. Anything that shows you know the Facebook API and how to create something that is truly social.

article thumbnail

How to help your startup turn a profit in 4 simple steps

The Next Web

Mikita Mikado is a software engineer and entrepreneur from Belarus, now based in San Francisco. I’m a geek and software engineer from the former ­Soviet state of Belarus. You can be the sales guy or gal with all the tools you need at your fingertips ­ email, phone, social networks, etc.

Belarus 137
article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

bizthoughts.mikelee.org

BizThoughts Thoughts about business, technology, the web & entrepreneurship About Booklist Contact Nov 15 2011 Finding a Technical Cofounder By Mike Lee Categories: Entrepreneurship , Leadership Since I have a technical background, I get about one offer a month to join some engineering team, or to be a technical cofounder.

article thumbnail

How to Build a Startup Team

techcocktail.com

Tech Cocktail Connecting, educating and amplifying the startup technology community and having fun doing it since 2006. Personal Network: Ask your friends and colleagues for suggestions. Send them a note about what you are looking for and ask them to pass it around to their network.

article thumbnail

Small Business Marketing: Web Design Best Practices and Tips

crowdSPRING Blog

A strong website can also help individuals and businesses to promote their brands online, including on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Classmates, Bebo, Yelp, Foursquare and others. If you need help, you can leverage crowdSPRING’s community of more than 67,000 designers and writers for your custom web design.