Remove 1994 Remove Community Remove Partner Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

Yeah, that was when I changed for me…” “…there was so much positive feedback on demystifying this one element of venture capital. And especially if you are dealing with early stage firms where partners might have different areas of specialization but they might have a lot of connective tissue across things. was starting.

article thumbnail

How and Why To Be an Angel Investor

David Teten

That’s a sizeable amount, especially in comparison to the US venture capital industry, which similarly invests over $20 billion annually. In 2013, 298,800 angels invested in 70,730 entrepreneurial ventures, according to the 2013 Angel Market Analysis by the Center for Venture Research at the University of New Hampshire.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10+ Trends: Recap of 2011 and What’s Next…

thebarefootvc

This was the year that the promise of technology to truly change the world and empower individuals (the reason I entered the tech world in 1994) reached global scale. But even more exciting is when I see inflection points of adoption — which is why 2011 was a particularly exhilirating year for me. Nothing seems impossible anymore.

article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

Mr. Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. With a unique vision for starting and successfully managing innovative companies, he is the Managing Partner of Social Leverage, a holding company that invests in early stage web businesses.

article thumbnail

Silicon Beach emerges as a tech hotbed

www.usatoday.com

Veteran investor Timothy Draper says venture-capital firms are taking notice of Silicon Beach. Our vision for the school is to support the local ecosystem and our community, so this is fabulous," he says. tech industry since 1994, when he started as an engineer at video game company Activision. USA TODAY Digital Services.