Remove 1995 Remove Community Remove Revenue Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

10 Tests of Your Modern Entrepreneur Lingo Savvy

Startup Professionals Musings

Super-angel investors are a new category of investors (like Mike Maples Jr. ), closer to venture capitalists, who are perceived to be more sophisticated, insightful, or well-connected in the startup community, particularly with respect to technology companies in Silicon Valley and other technology centers (also called micro-VCs).

article thumbnail

The Rise of the Lean VC – Consumer Internet Gets Its Own Investors

Steve Blank

When I first came to Silicon Valley the world of Venture Capital looked pretty simple. VC’s invested in things that ran on electrons: hardware, software and silicon. The fact that serious money could be made in companies investing in life sciences wasn’t lost on the venture community. Here’s why.

Lean 260
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

If, Why, and How Founders Should Hire a “Professional” CEO

Reid Hoffman

I want a company that lives up to the original standard that Hewlett-Packard set for Silicon Valley—a great place for high-quality people to work that provides an experience that would continue to benefit them even after they move on to other things. James Slavet, a partner at Greylock, introduced me to Jeff Weiner. Conclusion.

Founder 78
article thumbnail

IPO Task Force Leader: JOBS Act a Wake-up Call for Startups

ReadWriteStart

Treasury Department assembled 17 leaders of the startup business investment community, under the auspices of its Access to Capital Conference. There were CEOs and private investors, securities attorneys, the former head of [PriceWaterhouseCooper's] tech practice in Silicon Valley. In March 2011, the U.S.

IPO 118
article thumbnail

The Playbook for Scale Up Nation

Seeing Both Sides

Are Israeli companies on the verge of developing a repeatable playbook to scale their companies and become market leaders, not just acquisition fodder for the Silicon Valley giants? To answer these questions, we built a database of 112 Israeli companies founded between 1996 and 2013 that have met or exceeded $20 million in revenue.