Remove 1996 Remove Community Remove Finance Remove Government
article thumbnail

The Rise Of Cloud Computing

YoungUpstarts

The Cloud Community Comprises both Small and Big Players. Governments adopting the use of the Cloud. In addition to small businesses, cloud adoption by governments has been growing in the Asia region. Cloud computing will be used to deliver both services to citizens as well as to provide internal services to the government.

Cloud 223
article thumbnail

When A Startup Chooses IPO Most Founders Are Out

Startup Professionals Musings

IPOs in 2008, the market was up to a still trivial 128 in 2012 (compared to 675 in 1996). With Sarbanes-Oxley, the CEO, CFO, and the Board of Directors are all assumed to have full knowledge of all government standards of compliance and reporting. Increasing government regulations. After a record low of 39 U.S. Loss of control.

IPO 224
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

New Course: Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Public Policy

Feld Thoughts

Our goal will be to put this up on the web as well to provide content (and potentially interaction) to a much wider community. Entrepreneurial Communities. Reading: Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City (Feld). Kauffman Index of Entrepreneurial Activity 1996 – 2010.

article thumbnail

People

aweissman.com

This the building that houses the offices of the executive branch of the United States government. Which took me aback at first until I thought to myself that, at its core, the business of government is just groups of people attempting to make decisions - negotiating, cajoling, arguing, attempting to build consensus. It’s just people.