Remove 1997 Remove Community Remove Engineer Remove Green
article thumbnail

Why Now Is The Right Time For New Green Technology

YoungUpstarts

For green technology, the barriers — high costs, lack of supporting infrastructure, the weight of tradition — have been especially prohibitive. But the timing is finally right for some green tech to take off. The time in the spotlight is finally here for green innovations like permeable pavement. The Rise of Green Technology.

Green 178
article thumbnail

Entrepreneur-Friendly Policies (Finally) Showing Promise - But Leadership Required

Seeing Both Sides

In truth, it’s not small business that represents the country’s job engine. The Kauffman Foundation’s research on this matter is clear: from 1997 to 2005, job growth in the US was driven entirely by start-ups. The dearth of trained computer science and engineering is crippling the growth of many Innovation Economy companies.

article thumbnail

Why Crunch Modes Doesn't Work: Six Lessons

www.igda.org

As I dug around, I was stunned to discover that I was hardly the first one to figure this out: my observations have been common knowledge among industrial engineers for almost a century. Green, York University, Toronto, Canada. Community Chapters. Psychophysics in Cyberia , Work Less Institute of Technology, November 18, 2004.