Remove 1998 Remove Community Remove Government Remove Security
article thumbnail

How to Improve Governance for Your Hospital Board

Board Effect

How to Improve Governance for Your Hospital Board. Improving hospital governance is an issue that has come to the forefront in recent years because many who work in the field believe that clinical governance has taken a back seat to other important managerial issues like policy changes, setting target measures, and performance.

article thumbnail

Why Bitcoin is Gaining Worldwide Popularity

The Startup Magazine

Bitcoin is a peer-to-peer decentralised form of digital currency that uses cryptography to maintain security and anonymity (Nakamoto 2008). Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer transactions, mining, and other technological feats to operate without central authority or banks, unlike government-issued currencies.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

A tale of two cities: Bewildered by the city government's continued cluelessness on NYC's innovation scene

This is going to be BIG.

However, her take on the NYC innovation economy during her recent State of the City Address confirmed my thinking: Most of what the NYC government should be doing to support technology entrepreneurship in NYC is to try and stay out of the way. It's painfully obvious that, like many other folks in NYC government, Ms. Hey everyone!

article thumbnail

Probable and Improbable Lobbying Wins: The 1,000-stockholder Rule

Gust

In recent years, government regulation has emerged as another such force to be reckoned with in the technology industry. I will leave it to law professor Eric Goldman to articulate better than I could why “ this law mortally threatens the entire UGC community.”

IPO 110
article thumbnail

The Hard Thing About a Hard City: Why I Support Kathryn Garcia for Mayor of NYC

This is going to be BIG.

I trust her to hear out the community, gather all the data, and, unlike our current Towering Ineptitude, actually make a decision—one that she believes is right for New York, not just politically popular. That’s the thing about someone who is a government systems wonk. Kathryn is exceedingly practical. New Yorkers are hard.

Campaign 144
article thumbnail

People are the whole game - Startups and angels: Along the way to.

Tim Keane

You are all the future of job growth, wealth creation and better communities.   We paid millions in wages in two communities and saw hundreds of employees achieve their dreams of college for kids, second homes – whatever their dream was.   They create wealth for themselves, their employees and their communities.

article thumbnail

How to Start a Travel Agency

Up and Running

Moreover, what kind of travel agency does the industry or your local community actually need? Think about the people in your local community too—do they need something specific? “In At Flavours Holidays], we have been specializing in cooking, Pilates, painting, photography, and language holidays in Italy since 1998,” she says.