Remove 2001 Remove Community Remove Israel Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

Where are the Deals? How VCs Identify the Next Generation of Startups

David Teten

Prior to joining ff Venture Capital , I published the first-ever study of how private equity and venture capital funds originate new investments, with my coauthor Chris Farmer , CEO of SignalFire and an experienced VC. ff Venture Capital. First Round Capital. Acquirer/ Investor. 2009) [ii].

article thumbnail

Raise Capital With The Skin You’re In: Blunt Truth from Don Charlton, CEO, The Resumator

David Teten

I know we romanticize the LGBT entrepreneur making an app for the LGBT community, but too many of our ideas are “ghettoized” and not seen as “big ideas”. For later-stage companies, I suggest the Association for Corporate Growth online community, Axial , and Preqin. Don recommends: Don’t just do startups “for us”.

article thumbnail

How Israel and the Arab World Connect Through Technology

David Teten

Back in July, I wrote an essay in Geektime on “ The Anti-Israel BDS Movement Will Fail “ Little did I know how quickly that would prove true! However, Israel and the United Arab Emirates recently announced that they will normalise diplomatic ties and forge a broad new relationship. If I’m missing any, please contact me.

UAE 60