Remove 2003 Remove Community Remove Equity Remove Web Development
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

And that’s how I started my private equity business where I acquire both online and offline assets such as lead generation websites and physical real estate. I started my own marketing and communications agency back in 2003. It never occurred to me to start my own business that early into my career as a web developer.

article thumbnail

Which language should my startup use?

www.reincubate.com

page, can -- despite the occasional new release from Adobe -- be considered a dead language, with all that this entails (difficulty finding and retaining good developers, vendor lock-in, horrendous cost, poor support, porting nightmares, infrastructure constraints). framework was built.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Convertible Equity, A Better Alternative To Convertible Debt?

techcrunch.com

Convertible Equity, A Better Alternative To Convertible Debt? From 2004 to 2007, she helped lead Congresswoman Carloyn Maloney’s community outreach and relations efforts in New York City. She graduated from Columbia University in 2003, where she was. Smartphones. Digital Cameras. Headphones. CrunchBase. Hot topics. Disrupt SF.

Equity 87
article thumbnail

From Nothing To Something. How To Get There.

techcrunch.com

A good mentor is someone who has been part of the startup community themselves – someone who has a realistic understanding of some of the basic dos and don’ts of starting up. also, just to clarify, the first idea we worked on that we called “meebo&# back in 2003 was my idea. You don’t need many – one or two to begin.