Remove 2003 Remove Community Remove Founder Remove Vesting
article thumbnail

Keep It Under Your Hat: Valuation Caps and the $650 Million Sale of MySpace for $125 Million

Gust

There were two distinct classes of employee equity (issued by Intermix and MySpace, respectively) with different valuation and vesting situations—and, most significantly, a $125 million valuation cap applied to the buyout of MySpace equity that was triggered by the acquisition of Intermix. Read on for a fuller explanation.

article thumbnail

I Just Got Paid For Work I Did 20 Years Ago.

Hunter Walker

Startups Should Work To Make Their Employees Wealthy Not Just Their Founders And Investors. You see, it was for work I’d performed from 2001–2003 at a startup called Linden Lab, the company behind virtual world Second Life. And why we work with the founders we back to make sure there’s enough equity set aside to make great hires.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

AngelList Launches Docs To Help Startups Sign And Close Seed Rounds Online With Low Legal Fees

techcrunch.com

From 2004 to 2007, she helped lead Congresswoman Carloyn Maloney’s community outreach and relations efforts in New York City. She graduated from Columbia University in 2003, where she was. AngelList is a community of startups and investors who make fund-raising efficient. → Learn More. Crunchbase. Company: AngelList.

article thumbnail

Kevin Rose's 10 Tips for Entrepreneurs

www.readwriteweb.com

7: Invest in Advisors : Give away a small amount of stock to advisors (which they can vest after a few years) who you can call on in a pickle or for general advice as issues arise. 8: Connect With the Community : Hold a live town hall where you can collect feedback and get advice from your users. Invest in Advisors. my favorite.