Remove 2003 Remove Community Remove Government Remove Incubator
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #13: Alpha Lee on remembering the 2003 SARS epidemic and his opensource COVID-19 Moonshot

Startup Lessons Learned

The institutions that governed our lives before are under extreme stress, and the cracks and gaps in the system are becoming rifts and fault lines. First in Wuhan, China, and then the fact that it can spread so quickly in Italy and continental Europe really surprises me and I think a lot of others as well in the scientific community.

article thumbnail

Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City

Feld Thoughts

For now, the title is “ Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City.” If you are a leader in your entrepreneurial community and have something you want to add , email me 500 – 1000 words. The Boulder Entrepreneurial Community. The Beginning of the Next Wave (2003 – 2011).

Community 142
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Evolution of Entrepreneurial Education and Corporate Innovation

Steve Blank

The easy part is, “Let’s have an incubator.” Philip Bouchard : You’ve started teaching at Berkeley since 2002, Columbia in 2003 and at Stanford since 2011. The other change is that universities, instead of being passive, have become active in building an entrepreneurial community.

Incubator 331
article thumbnail

Texas Startup Manifesto 2.0

Austin Startup

Are they running from high prices, high taxes, dysfunctional government, and wildfires? All of the investors, all of the big companies, all of the government groups?—?they Our community colleges are excellent as well, including the Alamo Colleges, Austin Community College, the Dallas College and the Lone Star Community College.

Texas 90