Remove 2004 Remove Community Remove Engineer Remove India
article thumbnail

12 Questions: Meet Dylan Barmmer (USA)

crowdSPRING Blog

In our 12 Questions blog series, we feature interviews with someone from the crowdSPRING community. For these interviews, we pick people who add value to our community – in the blog, in the forums, in the projects. Plainly – activities that make crowdSPRING a better community. with a rich community. Ride the wave of Love.

Miami 98
article thumbnail

In Silicon Valley, Founders Fight for Control

online.wsj.com

Create a profile for me in the Journal Community. Journal Community. ignited the current trend by adopting a dual-class voting structure before its IPO in 2004. Software Development Engineer, Senior-IEB-Commercial Services (795929) Job -. Journal Community. Journal Community. Welcome, Logout. My Journal.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

37 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

When you support that platform with inspirational and informative subject matter that helps guide people along the way, and then offer them a community of service providers who can help round out their team—well, that’s the ticket. And this was at a prestigious engineering school. That’s massive. 9) Horrible Experience.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

His findings are based on data from more than 2,000 companies that received venture funding, generally at least $1 million, from 2004 through 2010. Mr. Dreymann moved his family from Israel in 2004 after co-founding Goodmail in Mountain View, Calif., and Verizon Communications Inc. . Engineering & Accounting Svcs.

article thumbnail

25 Best Startup Failure Post-Mortems of All Time

www.chubbybrain.com

Luckily, the startup community often courageously shares their stories – even when things don’t end well. Three notes before we begin: After reading these, you realize more than ever that the startup community is really like no other. It takes a lot of work to build a community. It’s free. Get started here.

article thumbnail

Y Combinator's First Batch: Where Are They Now?

thenextweb.com

Chris had been working on creating a better desktop search since early 2004, knowing that no existing solutions were any good. We were overly-naive engineers trying to solve a problem,” Phil says with a laugh, looking back on a time when the crazy set in. 10 of the Most Disturbing Communities on the Web. Daily Dose. Shareables.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

But I’ve seen some recent comments that this post might have upset and offended the SMB community that we serve, and that I cannot abide. In fact, the open source community can learn a lot from Microsoft in terms of backward compatibility and tools for productivity. same thing goes for the majority of the Java community).NET

Java 107