Remove 2005 Remove Community Remove CTO Hire Remove Media
article thumbnail

Social Networking and Business Value

SoCal CTO

Just a quick note that I'll be moderating a Technology Council Event : Social Networking as a Business Strategy May 19, 2009 - Culver City Social networking media are used on a daily basis to grow businesses and expand career opportunities. Corporations increasingly see social media as a key PR, communications and marketing medium.

article thumbnail

Understanding The Role Of The Chief Behind The Chief

Duct Tape Marketing

One of my favorite episodes who should be your first hire, what's your funding plan, Dr. Lisa Cravin shares her top advice from building spotlight oral. And that was, you know, 2004, 2005 was, I was realizing that it was no longer about working harder. But yeah, I think there's been a gap in having a community for second in commands.

CTO 80
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

A Few Key People Really Can Make a Huge Difference

Both Sides of the Table

Seattle should be the envy of any non Silicon Valley tech community in the country. Your highest priority right now is hiring the 1 or 2 people that are going to join your company and make a difference. There’s you and your killer CTO co-founder. My recipe for Seattle or your community: 1.

Seattle 317
article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We will be hiring people with mental and physical disabilities in the near future. The carefully curated pictures depicted on social media were not anywhere close to what MY real life looked like. I build social media platforms, help procure contracts, assist with infrastructure and more. 5- Two reasons.

article thumbnail

Inspiring Entrepreneurs: Ted Livingston’s rollercoaster ride as CEO of hit messaging startup Kik

The Next Web

Waterloo, Canada-based Kik recently passed 80 million users, which was given particular significance from local media who noted that it took the 4-and-a-half year old startup past BlackBerry and its BBM mobile messaging solution. I went to university in Waterloo in 2005 for engineering. It began at RIM. The deal that saved Kik.

article thumbnail

From Nothing To Something. How To Get There.

techcrunch.com

Inevitably, the excuses begin: I need to hire people to build the product. If someone had been there and just told me “join a great founding team, focus on the product, and forget everything else,” I would have saved a lot of time and heartache. Like I said, forget everything else and just get your product out the door. No legal muck.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

Update: The end is near, Expensify is hiring a.NET programmer! As you might know, we’re hiring the best programmers in the world. If you are a startup looking to hire really excellent people, take notice of.NET on a resume, and ask why it’s there. Expensify Blog. Expense Reports That Don't Suck.

Java 107