Remove 2005 Remove Community Remove CTO Hire Remove Software Review
article thumbnail

A Few Key People Really Can Make a Huge Difference

Both Sides of the Table

Seattle should be the envy of any non Silicon Valley tech community in the country. Your highest priority right now is hiring the 1 or 2 people that are going to join your company and make a difference. There’s you and your killer CTO co-founder. My recipe for Seattle or your community: 1.

Seattle 317
article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Why PHP won

Startup Lessons Learned

But by the time I was building my first websites for commercial use , PHP had taken over. Since then, PHP (as part of the LAMP stack ) has really been the dominant development platform, at least in the free software and startup worlds. The number one reason I keep coming back to PHP is that it has overwhelming community support.

PHP 166
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Inspiring Entrepreneurs: Ted Livingston’s rollercoaster ride as CEO of hit messaging startup Kik

The Next Web

I went to university in Waterloo in 2005 for engineering. That’s only important because, as part of the engineering degree there, you have to complete six four-month internships over your course,” Livingston tells TNW in an interview. By day I did my job, but at night I wrote a piece of software to automate my job,” he recalls. “At

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

Update: The end is near, Expensify is hiring a.NET programmer! As you might know, we’re hiring the best programmers in the world. The right sort of person is so passionate about coding, they can’t be stopped from doing it. Expensify Blog. Expense Reports That Don't Suck. Some additional comments at the end.

Java 107
article thumbnail

Understanding The Role Of The Chief Behind The Chief

Duct Tape Marketing

Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please! One of my favorite episodes who should be your first hire, what's your funding plan, Dr. Lisa Cravin shares her top advice from building spotlight oral. And that was, you know, 2004, 2005 was, I was realizing that it was no longer about working harder. Like this show?

CTO 77
article thumbnail

From Nothing To Something. How To Get There.

techcrunch.com

Inevitably, the excuses begin: I need to hire people to build the product. If someone had been there and just told me “join a great founding team, focus on the product, and forget everything else,” I would have saved a lot of time and heartache. Like I said, forget everything else and just get your product out the door. No legal muck.