Remove 2005 Remove Community Remove Distribution Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

In 2004 / 2005 I was starting to get intrigued with user-generated content. This time frame – 2005/2006 – web 2.0 So we have five themes – Digital Life and Distribution are the other two.”. Distribution. I do something I now call community hours. RSS was something that had appeared.” “….I was starting.

article thumbnail

Freelancing is the new normal: oDesk and the future of the workforce marketplace

The Next Web

Founded in 2005, the company has since delivered more than $1 billion from employers to freelancers. On the enterprise side of our business, we’ve seen the increasing demand from traditional large corporate buyers looking for ways to manage a more distribute workforce,” Cooper said. “In million jobs. Focus on the East. “Our

Russia 151
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

VC Evolution: Physician, Scale Thyself.

500hats.com

note: apologies in advance for the west coast bias; i’m in silicon valley). A few years before all this scandalous VC behavior occurred, in 2005 Paul Graham ) started Y Combinator. Scaling Up & Out: The Valley is Flat (and Global). and no, we didn’t. Rise of Y Combinator, 1st Branded Entrepreneur Guild.

article thumbnail

On Supercities, Economic Growth, and Income Inequality in a Post-COVID World

Ben's Blog

As companies and cities wrestle with the future of work, future of cities, and future of tech made possible in a post-COVID future, the question is whether it also impacts — and presents an opportunity to address — one of the greatest problems of our time: the unequal distribution of economic opportunity across the United States.

article thumbnail

The 18 Mistakes That Kill Startups

www.paulgraham.com

Silicon Valleydominates, then Boston, then Seattle, Austin, Denver, and New York. Even in New York the number of startups percapita is probably a 20th of what it is in Silicon Valley. In the first batch of startups we funded, in the summerof 2005, most of the founders spent all their time building theirapplications.

Startup 108
article thumbnail

37 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

When you support that platform with inspirational and informative subject matter that helps guide people along the way, and then offer them a community of service providers who can help round out their team—well, that’s the ticket. We are transforming publishing for the 21st century. That’s massive. 4) Used to Reconnect.

article thumbnail

From Nothing To Something. How To Get There.

techcrunch.com

A good mentor is someone who has been part of the startup community themselves – someone who has a realistic understanding of some of the basic dos and don’ts of starting up. Especially if you aren’t from around Silicon Valley. You don’t need many – one or two to begin. Cant wait for more posts on Techcrunch [link] ?