Remove 2008 Remove Community Remove Equity Remove Incubator
article thumbnail

Top 30 Startup Technology and Product Posts for September 2010

SoCal CTO

Why Every Entrepreneur Should Write and 9 Tips To Get Started - OnStartups , September 27, 2010 "The best part of blogging is the people you will meet"- Hugh MacLeod repeating wisdom from Loic Lemeur to me at the Big Pink at 2 am in South Beach after the Future of Web Apps 2008. Why You Should Write. Some have made the model work.

article thumbnail

10 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

Unfortunately, he was fired and all of that potential equity disappeared. When this platform launched in 2008, they were practically were laughed at and couldn’t find investors. That’s quite a turnaround from gaining $30,000 in funding and joining a startup incubator. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Get World Class Experts to Support Your Company

David Teten

I was excited to see that GLG (formerly Gerson Lehrman Group), the industry leader, is now offering a professional network service geared to the needs of the startup community: GLG Share. Prabhdeep Singh: We become their learning partner and they become part of a special and vast community of professionals.

New York 114
article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs: 1M/1M Announces Partnership With MAD Incubator, Malaysia

ReadWriteStart

At this week's One Million by One Million roundtable, we announced a very important partnership with MAD Incubator, Malaysia for entrepreneurship development in the region. This is our first major partnership with an incubator whereby MAD will adopt the 1M/1M methodology to foster Silicon Valley-style technopreneurship in Malaysia.

Malaysia 114
article thumbnail

How Israel and the Arab World Connect Through Technology

David Teten

I’ve identified a wide range of organizations who are working on bridging the economic, cultural, and political gap between Israel, the Arab community, and the Middle East/North Africa region (“MENA”) through technology. I also suggest look at the UAE-Israel Technology & Finance Community/Mailing List. Apply here. Siraj Capital.

UAE 60
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurial events firm Summit Series acquires Utah’s Powder Mountain ski resort for $40m

The Next Web

In April 2008, the Summit Series’ beginnings began dubiously when 22-year old media entrepreneur Elliott Bisnow invited the nation’s top entrepreneurs out for a ski weekend to Utah’s Alta resort and put the entire bill on his credit card. They helped the health technology company Basis raise its Series A through the Summit community.

Utah 168
article thumbnail

VC Evolution: Physician, Scale Thyself.

500hats.com

Or, as my friend Marc Andreessen might say, Software Eats the Private Equity World. While a flood of new VCs came into existence during the late 90’s internet boom, many had difficulty raising new funds after the crashes of 2000-2001 and 2008 , and as a result significantly fewer fund managers exist now compared to a decade ago.