Remove 2008 Remove Community Remove Software Engineering Remove Software Review
article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

bizthoughts.mikelee.org

BizThoughts Thoughts about business, technology, the web & entrepreneurship About Booklist Contact Nov 15 2011 Finding a Technical Cofounder By Mike Lee Categories: Entrepreneurship , Leadership Since I have a technical background, I get about one offer a month to join some engineering team, or to be a technical cofounder.

article thumbnail

The Software Product Myth

Software By Rob

Software by Rob Passionate about Startups and MicroISVs Lessons Learned by a Serial Entrepreneur home about press micropreneurs archives ← I’m in a Book! Most developers start as salaried employees, slogging through code and loving it because they never imagined a job could be challenging, educational, and downright fun.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

@altgate » Blog Archive » Outsourcing For Startups

Altgate

The presentation was on outsourcing generally, not just software engineering and the audience was very early stage companies (some yet to be founded). Almost certainly accounting is a support service and should be outsourced (unless, perhaps, you’re selling accounting software and you need to eat your own dogfood!).

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

The right sort of person is so passionate about coding, they can’t be stopped from doing it. But every day spent in that kitchen is a day NOT spent in a real kitchen, learning how to cook real food, and write real code. I currently work in information security, and I help teach developers how to write better, more secure code.

Java 107
article thumbnail

5 Infrastructure Tips for Startups

blog.adaptiveblue.com

Fast forward to almost 2008 and those days are gone. It is okay to go with a cheaper provider when you are just developing the code, but your production needs to run on a rock solid system. Then you create an image of all of that, including your own software, and roll it out onto the grid. There were constant problems.

EC2 40
article thumbnail

Essential Startup Funding Tips from 8 Seasoned Investors

mashable.com

And for those in the coveted in-crowd, Silicon Valley, San Francisco and the greater tech community become a world of opportunity where you’re only limited by the quality of your idea and the caliber of your friends. The “haves&# possess money, power, influence, or the right friends with those qualities.

article thumbnail

Startup Lessons for the Proto-Founder

www.metamorphblog.com

Home About Contact Home About Contact The Metamorphosis Becoming an Entrepreneur, by Matt Mireles Startup Lessons for the Proto-Founder I started SpeakerText in October 2008 during the financial apocalypse. Experienced, talented software engineers have lots of options in life, and most of them involve getting paid.

Founder 51