Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Management Remove Portugal
article thumbnail

Battery gives back to Israeli entrepreneurial community with venture creation workshop

VC Cafe

Group picture of the Battery Ventures Entrepreneurship workshop in Tel Aviv, 2010. Danny is an entrepreneur, investor and Brown University Professor of Entrepreneurship , and has recently held similar workshops in China, Egypt and Portugal. The workshop was conducted by Danny Warshay using the Socratic method.

article thumbnail

HBS Alumni Angels NY new chairman: Jason Klein

David Teten

In December 2010, Richard Kane, then-President, Harvard Business School Club of New York , asked me if I’d like to found an HBS alumni-affiliated angel group in NY. Managing a group of Harvard MBAs is very different from my past managerial experience, and I’ve learned a lot from herding our cats. 1) Curriculum innovation. 4) Inclusion.

New York 114
article thumbnail

15 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

In addition, we contribute to the veterans community both through financial contributions, and pro bono services to various organizations. The women in her life are named Maria” (Mary – A very common name in Portugal). His real name is Stan Eisen, so we adopted the last name and became Eisen Management Group.

Naming 48