Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove SBA Remove Small Business
article thumbnail

Lending to Small Business Picks up

Up and Running

It’s finally getting a little easier for small businesses to obtain the funds they need to invest in and grow their operations. Statistics from a variety of sources indicate a gradual loosening of lending to small businesses around the country. Have plans? Need funding? Lending is picking up. The December figure was up 2.7

article thumbnail

Get Concrete Help From The White House Startup Program

Up and Running

The Startup America Partnership is offering a collection of real business tools and resources, mostly web-based, to help startups and small businesses do better. This is the White-House-sponsored small business program announced a year ago. And I am a member of SCORE, a mentorship program, sponsored by the SBA.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

“I don’t ever plan on retiring:” SMB Tech Talk from Tone Academy

Hunter Walker

This week I’ll be running a series of Five Question interviews with small businesses which were facilitated by BondStreet , a SMB lending platform (we’re investors). Technically, I opened Tone in June of 2011. I don’t ever plan on retiring from this community! How did it all begin? JS: They found ME!

SBA 51
article thumbnail

“I don’t ever plan on retiring:” SMB Tech Talk from Tone Academy

Hunter Walker

This week I’ll be running a series of Five Question interviews with small businesses which were facilitated by BondStreet , a SMB lending platform (we’re investors). Technically, I opened Tone in June of 2011. I don’t ever plan on retiring from this community! How did it all begin? JS: They found ME!

SBA 48
article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #83 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

These posts and videos are about logo design , web design , startups, entrepreneurship, small business, leadership, social media, marketing, and more! crowdSPRING’s Small Business Spotlight of the Week: SignNow.com - [link]. Are you a designer or business owner?

article thumbnail

How to Start a Brewery

Up and Running

Backed by a team of private local investors, ColdFire gained access to additional capital through an SBA loan. In 2011 Falling Sky employed 20-25 people in the restaurant, brewery, and homebrew shop, and in 2015 that had grown to 45-55 employees. But it’s all about how we’re going to expand.

Oregon 60
article thumbnail

Do You Dream Of Becoming A CEO?

YoungUpstarts

. “There’s been more interest in business incubators over the past four or five years, as communities and organizations look for ways to spur business growth and create jobs.” percent in 2011. ” Rising role for older entrepreneurs. percent in 1996 to 20.9 “You should not do this alone.”

Incubator 193