Remove 2012 Remove Community Remove Finance Remove LP
article thumbnail

Announcing Multicoin Capital

Austin Startup

Although we were studying finance, we were always more interested in tech. Take a look at some of the emails between us from 2010: We were attending NYU from 2008–2012. But we never lost the finance bug. They helped us establish 2 GP entities, 2 LP entities, and 1 Cayman entity (for international investors) in ~2 months.

article thumbnail

It’s Morning in Venture Capital

Both Sides of the Table

But in 2012 a visit to any major college in America will show you the massive increase in aspirations of our young talent to become the next Mark Zuckerberg and build a future Facebook. Yes, it’s true that FOMO (fear of missing out) is driving some irrational behavior and valuations amongst uber competitive deals and well-financed VCs.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

ProfessorVC: Can Entrepreneurship Be Taught?

Professor VC

I attended the annual LP meeting for a venture capital firm this week and got into a discussion about the above question. I've learned more in the three months working with a real-life entrepreneur on a new venture than in all 5 years of Community College and my BA. March 19, 2012 11:12 AM. March 19, 2012 11:12 AM.

article thumbnail

How to Kick Start Your Community’s Startup Scene

Both Sides of the Table

I just returned from 3 days in Cincinnati including attending the annual meeting of one of Upfront’s LPs – Cintrifuse. I have never been more optimistic about the impact that the tech startup community is having on cities in America or about the role that cities outside of San Francisco / Silicon Valley can play in our future.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #26: Brian Armstrong of Coinbase on cryptocurrency, being mission-oriented, and institution building

Startup Lessons Learned

Just before the IPO, I had a far-reaching conversation with co-founder and CEO Brian Armstrong as he approached this major milestone for the company he co-founded back in 2012. Coinbase was founded in 2012 and operates a cryptocurrency exchange. And of course, I wasn't really interested in the finance side of it to me.

IPO 113