Remove 2012 Remove Community Remove LP Remove Portfolio
article thumbnail

Fundraising advice for emerging GP’s

Version One Ventures

Since then, I’ve received 200+ inbound leads (and counting). Have backed close to 20 emerging GP's over the past 5 yrs & looking to add 3-4 more to the portfolio this year. The first is the fund that you would ideally raise if LP capital was not a constraining factor. Things are much different now.

LP 73
article thumbnail

Announcing Multicoin Capital

Austin Startup

Take a look at some of the emails between us from 2010: We were attending NYU from 2008–2012. Fund Details We identify the most promising use cases for cryptoassets and within those use cases we vet the teams, projects, and communities. 3) Rebalancing — we rebalance portfolios monthly. We were infatuated with tech.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Final Close: The Story Behind NextView's Own Fundraise ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

February 21, 2012. We recently completed the final close of NextView Ventures, LP and we’re excited about both our progress to date and our plans for the future. The first of these to exit was recently announced, with Groupon’s acquisition of Hyperpublic , though most of the portfolio will continue to build for a long time.

LP 100
article thumbnail

It’s Morning in Venture Capital

Both Sides of the Table

But in 2012 a visit to any major college in America will show you the massive increase in aspirations of our young talent to become the next Mark Zuckerberg and build a future Facebook. Thomson Reuters data shows that around $10 billion of LP money went into VCs per year pre bubble. The Funding Problem. Today’s Normalization.

article thumbnail

How to Negotiate a Partner Role at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Firm

David Teten

So I would start by sharing with the fund an institutional LP due diligence checklist , and ask them to share their data room with you. Contact : to existing portfolio, to internal team resources, to LPs. These are many of the steps I went through when I joined HOF Capital. Union Square Ventures ( [link] ).

article thumbnail

Are We Reaching the Limits of Silicon Valley’s Venture Model?

Bryce Dot VC

Despite seeing tweaks to the model of added service layers, digital platforms or intra-portfolio community building, the underlying funding mechanism, timelines and return model have remained unchanged for the last 40 years. And, as the data suggests, the arch of actualized returns still hangs on the outsized outcomes of the.1%.

article thumbnail

How to Kick Start Your Community’s Startup Scene

Both Sides of the Table

I just returned from 3 days in Cincinnati including attending the annual meeting of one of Upfront’s LPs – Cintrifuse. I have never been more optimistic about the impact that the tech startup community is having on cities in America or about the role that cities outside of San Francisco / Silicon Valley can play in our future.