Remove 2014 Remove Community Remove Curation Remove Design
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

This decision led me to pioneer a business with my brother, featuring a curated jobs database of legitimate, safe, remote work opportunities and valuable career resources. After living and traveling around Thailand in 2014 and with other travelers I was desperate to learn Thai. 6- To give back to the community.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Thanks to working with a Coach I was able to turn my life around and went from living a life by default, to living one by design. When my wife Stacy and I were pregnant with our first child in 2014, we transformed our lives, ensuring everything we use in and on our bodies was as organic, non-toxic, and sustainable as possible.

Wyoming 117
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

20 must-attend tech conferences for female entrepreneurs in 2014

The Next Web

Earlier this month, I asked members of the Young Entrepreneur Council about the top events for founders in 2014. We asked 20 women of YEC the following question: What is one must-attend conference or event you’re looking forward to in 2014, and why? Empact Showcase 2014. Their top picks (not all are gender-restricted!)

Omaha 165
article thumbnail

12 “it” social and content careers to watch for in 2014

The Next Web

2013 has been quite a year for the startup community and social and technology-related businesses in particular. To find out, I asked a panel of successful entrepreneurs from the Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC) , the following question: What do you think will be the new “it” social- or content-related job in 2014 for startups and why?

article thumbnail

Transcript of The Key to Success? Taking Care of Your Community

Duct Tape Marketing

Taking Care of Your Community written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. Brian Clark and I have been friends for a really long time and they have certainly set the standard on how to build a business, how to build a brand, how to take care of a community. Transcript of The Key to Success? Back to Podcast. Transcript.

article thumbnail

9 Subscription Business Ideas That Will Inspire You

YoungUpstarts

Customers simply pick a subscription service based on general interests and allow businesses to curate a selection of related items for them. Between 2014 to 2017, subscription businesses grew their online traffic by 800%. The ticket here is to design recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy. Who might those people be?

Curation 147
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Today, we provide swim instruction in-home and community pools in 40 metro areas Nationwide. Our pre-covid business (Welcome Box) was to serve the short term rental community, like Airbnb, with hospitality boxes that enhance guest stays. The boxes are curated healthy and sustainable snacks and refreshments from up and coming brands.