Remove 2020 Remove Community Remove Green Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs: New Assessment Tool For Entrepreneurs

ReadWriteStart

ShareVolution As for the pitches today, first, Daniel McPherson from Australia pitched ShareVolution , an app store for the Microsoft SharePoint community. I asked him to review the TrueCFO project in my Vision India 2020 book. Green Earth Aerogels At age 16, kids have very different career counseling needs than they do at 18 kids.

Spain 115
article thumbnail

Startup Strategy Roundtable: Niche Marketplace Businesses Can Be Interesting

ReadWriteStart

It turns out that in my Vision India 2020 book, I have a similar project called FDBI. David is also struggling with the notion of his community taking the transactions offline. Marketing Green Products and Services to Indian Consumers. Sramana Mitra is a technology entrepreneur and strategy consultant in Silicon Valley.

India 116
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

People-First Capitalism

Reid Hoffman

Obviously, the challenges of 2020 were next level. I came to Silicon Valley when I was 25, turning 26. And I think one of the things that we’ve learned is, when I came to Silicon Valley in 2007, we were starting Airbnb in 2008, it was a marketplace. We’ve had I think an 11-year relationship. So you met me in 2010.

article thumbnail

What the Past Can Tell Us About the Future of Social Networking

Both Sides of the Table

Other people were in the online community called “ The Well &# (founded in 1985). We were looking for what I call the “6 C’s of Social Networking&# – Communications, connectedness, common experiences, content, commerce & cool experiences (fun!). And so it goes with social networking. And then came AOL.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #7, Brian Chesky Part 1: running Airbnb in crisis mode, being multi-stakeholder, and re-founding the company

Startup Lessons Learned

I've known Brian Chesky, Co-Founder, CEO and Head of Community at Airbnb for a long time. Instead, the global pandemic has turned 2020 into its most harrowing year. 5:01) Brian's thoughts on the human dimension to his approach and how that sets him apart in Silicon Valley. (6:06) 8:22) On how crisis reveals character. (9:11)

article thumbnail

People-First Capitalism

Reid Hoffman

Obviously, the challenges of 2020 were next level. I came to Silicon Valley when I was 25, turning 26. And I think one of the things that we’ve learned is, when I came to Silicon Valley in 2007, we were starting Airbnb in 2008, it was a marketplace. We’ve had I think an 11-year relationship. So you met me in 2010.

article thumbnail

14 Entrepreneurs Describe The BHAGs (Big Hairy Audacious Goals) For Their Business?

Hearpreneur

Although, my BHAG is to sell 10,000 planners to help people put their goals in writing by February 1st of 2020. Thanks to Brad Leahy, Green ! #7- You see like Silicon Valley, Hawaii is becoming its own startup paradise. But unlike Silicon Valley, we’ve got our own set of problems. The biggest one?