Remove Affiliate Remove Community Remove Connecticut Remove Programming
article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Teaching and research on entrepreneurship : SOM’s Program on Entrepreneurship , Kyle Jensen’s courses. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine.

article thumbnail

Why (and how) you should let your customers do the advertising for you

Duct Tape Marketing

Hatchwise is a crowdsourced design community that has designed over a million different logos, websites and graphics of all kinds. Shortly after we launched we created a unique program that runs in the background of the site that catches most clipart and keeps designers from copying the work of other designers.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

HBS Alumni Angels NY new chairman: Jason Klein

David Teten

In December 2010, Richard Kane, then-President, Harvard Business School Club of New York , asked me if I’d like to found an HBS alumni-affiliated angel group in NY. Competitiveness Project , which challenged the HBS alumni community to address America’s declining competitiveness. 5) Closer ties to the Harvard community.

New York 114
article thumbnail

From Nothing To Something. How To Get There.

techcrunch.com

A good mentor is someone who has been part of the startup community themselves – someone who has a realistic understanding of some of the basic dos and don’ts of starting up. I enjoy working on my idea, but trying to learn everything oneself is a bit daunting…especially programming. You don’t need many – one or two to begin.