Remove Affiliate Remove Community Remove Government Remove Incubator
article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine. Those unique assets are sometimes leverageable into a resource for strengthening the university’s tech community.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #2: Mark Cuban on putting people first, the Dallas Mavericks, and what we'll want on the other side

Startup Lessons Learned

They're going to look to see what impact you had in your community. 11:59) Giving people trust and autonomy and opening lines of communication as a leader, and how Mark's leadership has evolved. (14:16) 22:13) The way companies treat employees and customers and impact their communities now will them for decades to come.

Dallas 68
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Applying Lean Startup Beyond Silicon Valley

Startup Lessons Learned

government fund and as Entrepreneur-In-Residence for the National Science Foundation. The Lean Startup community is very tight and well-organized. Puerto Rico and Singapore were both colonized, and I sense their histories of ceding power to some force outside and greater than themselves (foreign governments, large corporations, etc.)

article thumbnail

VC Victor Hwang: How To Create The Next Silicon Valley

ReadWriteStart

It’s easy to throw more money at problems, whether that means funding R&D, investing in startup incubators or accelerators, tax incentives or building campuses. It’s far harder to create communities of people driven by values like trust, fairness, dreaming big and willingness to risk and fail. Hwang: Hardware is easy.