Remove Aggregator Remove Community Remove Differentiation Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

Almost every private equity and venture capital investor now advertises that they have a platform to support their portfolio companies. VC Platform community has grown approximately 120% in the last 3 years. aggregates resources from all the VCs. A true industry luminary will help in deal flow & differentiation .

article thumbnail

Conference Notes on Sourcing Deal Flow & Developing New Business for Private Equity

David Teten

Deal aggregation websites Increasing in popularity, trying to increase market efficiency. Riverside defines proprietary as any sale less than ~3 buyers involved Kinderhook looks for the “broken” auctions that didn’t get the right attention of the PE community. Question : How do PE funds differentiate in the LOI phase?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Lean vs Fat Startups: The Disrupt Debate

Venture Chronicles

This is the “tastes great, less filling&# debate that recurs on a regular basis in the venture capital and entrepreneur communities. I’d be willing to bet that more investors lose a great amount of aggregate capital here than at any other stage.

Lean 40
article thumbnail

“Customer First” Healthcare

abovethecrowd.com

Specifically, the “narrow network” typically aggregates those providers that are willing to accept lower prices for their services (theoretically you could have a “premium” narrow network, but they are typically used to create more affordable plans). Clearly the market is speaking. healthcare market. The timing can be tricky, however.

article thumbnail

Why Startups Need to Blog (and what to talk about …)

Both Sides of the Table

I was meeting regularly with entrepreneurs and offering (for better or for worse) advice on how to run a startup and how to raise venture capital from my experience in doing so at two companies. They created a reason for their customers to aggregate on their site on a regular basis. Blog to your community. Think Mint.com.

Startup 373