Remove America Remove Community Remove CTO Hire Remove Employee
article thumbnail

15 Female Entrepreneurs Share What Changes They Would Most Like to See in Their Industry

Hearpreneur

Successful women in the investment community need to be on the lookout for them and support them by funding, giving access to resources or simple advising. We, women, have a unique perspective on the needs of our families and communities and with proper support and guidance, can achieve thrive. To do so, they need support.

article thumbnail

A Few Key People Really Can Make a Huge Difference

Both Sides of the Table

Seattle should be the envy of any non Silicon Valley tech community in the country. Your highest priority right now is hiring the 1 or 2 people that are going to join your company and make a difference. There’s you and your killer CTO co-founder. My recipe for Seattle or your community: 1.

Seattle 317
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We will be hiring people with mental and physical disabilities in the near future. I left corporate America with one of my lifelong college friends for the single goal of making life easier for as many parents and babies as possible. I build social media platforms, help procure contracts, assist with infrastructure and more.

article thumbnail

FinTech Innovation Lab Launch Event – June 2, 2011

David Teten

It attracted a very high quality crowd of senior executives from major investment banks and members of the innovation community — two groups that don’t normally mingle. My rough notes follow: Mike Dubno , CIO, Global Markets and Research Technology & Operations, Bank of America. Previously CTO, Goldman Sachs.

article thumbnail

Startup Lessons for the Proto-Founder

www.metamorphblog.com

We hired three guys from that batch and paid them in iPhones. Doubtful we’d have access to such a rich employee pool any other way. Lots of the attendees will be wearing suits for the first time––and hating it. Treat everyone you hire like a co-founder. It builds trust and earns buy-in from the people you hire.

Founder 51
article thumbnail

Tech Diversity & Inclusion Allies at SXSW

Austin Startup

SXSW Panel: Attracting VC Investment Outside of Silicon Valley Carolyn Rodz (@carolynrodz) | Twitter Holly Gibson Founder Austin Women Who Code Holly loves the Austin tech community and serves it as the Founder of the Women Who Code Austin, a network of 2800+ women in tech.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

Update: The end is near, Expensify is hiring a.NET programmer! Or, rather, more offensively to Facebook and Google employees, less offensive to.NET developers, though the underlying message is the same.). As you might know, we’re hiring the best programmers in the world. Expensify Blog. Some additional comments at the end.

Java 107