Remove America Remove Community Remove CTO Hire Remove Hiring
article thumbnail

The Case for Optimism and Risk at Startups

Both Sides of the Table

I told her that I believed America’s best asset – driven initially from software innovation mindset in the San Francisco Bay Area and media innovation driven from Los Angeles – was our willingness to accept failure. We hired outside experts. Marc Berte, the CTO, and a masters from MIT, is exceptionally gifted.

article thumbnail

How I Found a Great CTO

www.huffingtonpost.com

Minted.com is both a global design community and stationery retailer. Independent graphic designers from all over the world submit designs to our ongoing design competitions, and Minteds community votes to tell us what to sell. Ive occasionally worked with executive recruiters, for example in hiring a CTO for my first company, Eve.com.

CTO 43
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

A Few Key People Really Can Make a Huge Difference

Both Sides of the Table

Seattle should be the envy of any non Silicon Valley tech community in the country. Your highest priority right now is hiring the 1 or 2 people that are going to join your company and make a difference. There’s you and your killer CTO co-founder. My recipe for Seattle or your community: 1.

Seattle 317
article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

Derek Sivers about me blog books email list contact How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen 2010-06-19 Do you have an idea for a website, online business, or application, but need a programmer to turn that idea into reality? Say, “We are hiring a developer to create only the beginning of an application. Hire one from each.

article thumbnail

Social Networking and Business Value

SoCal CTO

Social networking sites and microblogs are used not only to build company brands, but to foster productivity; social media tools help build communities around the question, "What are you working on?" Many clients turn to him for advice on and negotiation of international transactions, often in Latin America. in Computer Science.

article thumbnail

“Regardless of who is in the White House, we have work to do from the bottom up and from the outside in” – Five Questions With Jennifer Pahlka of Code for America

Hunter Walker

I had heard of Code for America but wasn’t exactly sure what they did or how they did it. Donate , come work at Code for America , work in government , or join your local Code for America Brigade ! One example comes from our first year of the Code for America fellowship program. And you can help.

America 48
article thumbnail

Tech Diversity & Inclusion Allies at SXSW

Austin Startup

SXSW Panel: Attracting VC Investment Outside of Silicon Valley Carolyn Rodz (@carolynrodz) | Twitter Holly Gibson Founder Austin Women Who Code Holly loves the Austin tech community and serves it as the Founder of the Women Who Code Austin, a network of 2800+ women in tech.