Remove America Remove Community Remove SBA Remove Small Business
article thumbnail

Financing Your Business? Consider An SBA Loan

YoungUpstarts

by Tom Pretty, Head of SBA Lending at TD Bank. Small business is the backbone of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Advocacy. This is possible, in part, because the SBA guarantees a portion of loans will be repaid, eliminating some of the lender’s risk. SBA Loan Programs.

SBA 150
article thumbnail

The Latest Questions Small Businesses Are Asking

Up and Running

Look honestly at all the pros and cons for this type of business venture. The local Small Business Development Center office is a resource that can assist with the venture feasibility process. What is meant by “company culture” and how is it important to my business? Analyze ways to overcome weaknesses and threats.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Book: Where The Jobs Are

Feld Thoughts

I’ve had a number of meetings over the years with the Small Business Administration (SBA) whose name says it all. Over the last few years, I’ve been exploring the idea that we really have two types of small businesses: local businesses and startup businesses. Oh, and inertia.

SBA 102
article thumbnail

The Real Story Of America Is About Small

VC Adventure

Why is America so divided? The loss of small businesses may be one answer. In research for our upcoming book, we found that small business owners often inhabit the shrinking middle ground of politics in their communities. As a country it seems we may have forgotten the value of these small businesses.

America 92
article thumbnail

Startup Day Across America on August 29

Feld Thoughts

have a hard time agreeing on anything, those on both sides of the aisle seem increasingly keen to support entrepreneurs and their communities. That is why the Global Accelerator Network is thrilled to support the first ever Startup Day Across America on August 29. Though it may seem as if politicians in Washington, D.C.

America 151
article thumbnail

Optimism in the Face of Uncertainty: A Look at Small Business in 2017

Up and Running

If you’re considering making the leap and starting your own business, you’re likely eager to ensure that you’re making a smart decision. While it won’t guarantee success, putting your finger on the pulse of the small business environment can help you determine your path forward. The current small business landscape.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Reveal the Organization, Communities or Associations they Belong to That Help Support Their Business

Hearpreneur

One of the best ways to promote your business and increase its name recognition is by joining business organizations and/or communities or associations. I have connected with colleagues to form relationships from which our businesses can both benefit equally. For me, that’s where professional communities come in.