Remove Angel Investor Remove Community Remove Entrepreneur Remove Technical Cofounder
article thumbnail

In Entrepreneurial Ecosystem, Cofounders Find YOU!

davetroy.com

Dave Troy: Fueled By Randomness Design, Entrepreneurship, Economics and Software home Twittervision Flickrvision About @davetroy ← Start By Taking Action A New Plan for Economic Development → In Entrepreneurial Ecosystem, Cofounders Find YOU! And I’ve promised to talk about what it takes to find cofounders.

article thumbnail

Tech Diversity & Inclusion Allies at SXSW

Austin Startup

Austin Diversity Evangelists Mellie Price Director of Diversity Capital Factory Managing Director, Health CoLab Dell Medical School Mellie Price is a successful entrepreneur, angel investor, venture capitalist, and now university commercialization disruption at the Dell Medical School at the University of Texas.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Guide to Finding a Technical Co-Founder | Vinicius Vacanti

viniciusvacanti.com

Home About Contact Me How To Make It as a First-Time Entrepreneur Vinicius Vacanti Guide to Finding a Technical Co-Founder September 7, 2010 | View Comments Steve Job's Technical Co-Founder “I’ve got this HUGE idea. I just need to find a technical co-founder.&# So, why should they pick you?

article thumbnail

Announcing Multicoin Capital

Austin Startup

But we got serious in early 2016 when we developed deep conviction around the immense technical vision of Ethereum. As entrepreneurs, Tushar and I immediately knew that when product-market fit hits you in the head, you jump on it. But we never lost the finance bug. We’ve been investing in cryptoassets since 2013. Factom, Inc.

article thumbnail

Venture Capital Funding and the Sexism You Can’t Quite Prove

Up and Running

So, I’d like to start by sharing the story of a female entrepreneur who did experience VC funding success—but still also felt the impact of the biases held by the industry. As an early-stage entrepreneur competing against a vast sea of startups seeking seed funding, first impressions matter a lot.”. A rare success.

article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. I’ve listed the most common levers that universities use below, with some live examples from Yale: Strong technical departments : Computer Science , Math , Physics. Companies in certain sectors (e.g.,

article thumbnail

Why Startups Fail - 20 Top Reasons Gleaned from 32 Startup Failure Post-Mortems

www.chubbybrain.com

We’d previously highlighted the top startup failure post-mortems of all-time here (32 in total) written by a group of startup entrepreneurs gracious enough to share their lessons learned from their startup’s failure. In the post-mortem of Kiko, Mahesh Piddshetti writes : Most entrepreneurs have lots of ideas.