Remove Angel Investor Remove Community Remove Finance Remove LP
article thumbnail

Who Should be on Your Startup Board?

Both Sides of the Table

If angel investors are pressuring you to set up a board and if you don’t have the leverage to push back a little then I might suggest a 3-person board in which all 3 seats are appointed by the common stock and you agree to appoint one of these seats to the angel investor but perhaps make it either time based or event based.

article thumbnail

Announcing Multicoin Capital

Austin Startup

Although we were studying finance, we were always more interested in tech. Before graduating, I decided to forgo the finance path and instead dove into engineering and later sales and product management roles at VersaSuite (health IT) in Austin. But we never lost the finance bug. We were infatuated with tech.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

I walk through below how progressive investors are using technology and analytics throughout all of their operations. To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . We are also seeing technology evaluation as an increasingly important part of LP operational due diligence.

article thumbnail

How to Leverage Micro VC Funds to Build an Angel Portfolio

This is going to be BIG.

This is above and beyond whatever events and educational opportunities the fund provides for its community, which could also be very useful. Access to other investors. There have been many times at Brooklyn Bridge Ventures where I’m leading a deal and after our co-invest call, an LP wants to put in just $10k.

Portfolio 134
article thumbnail

ProfessorVC: Can Entrepreneurship Be Taught?

Professor VC

I attended the annual LP meeting for a venture capital firm this week and got into a discussion about the above question. I've learned more in the three months working with a real-life entrepreneur on a new venture than in all 5 years of Community College and my BA. What does it take to be an Angel Investor?