Remove Angel Investor Remove Community Remove Lean Remove Oregon
article thumbnail

Bigger in Bend – Building a Regional Startup Cluster–part 1 of 3

Steve Blank

When Customer Development and the Lean Startup were just a sketch on the napkin, Dino Vendetti, a VC at Bay Partners, was one of the first venture capitalists I shared my ideas with. Dino and I kept in touch as he moved up to Bend, Oregon on a mission to engineer Bend into a regional technology cluster. Here’s Part 1 of Dino’s story….

article thumbnail

Business Pitch, Elevator Pitch, and the LivePlan Pitch Page: What’s the Difference?

Up and Running

Here’s how I sort through these different terms, in the context of angel investment, business planning, and business plan competitions. When I say pitch or business pitch I mean the short presentation startup founders make for angel investors or venture capitalists. The business pitch. appeared first on Bplans Blog.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Optimism in the Face of Uncertainty: A Look at Small Business in 2017

Up and Running

My neighborhood of Alberta in Portland, Oregon, where small local businesses are plentiful. However, this isn’t just based on the perception that local communities are experiencing improved economic conditions; in fact, it’s debatable whether or not individual small business communities are actually experiencing measurable success and growth.

article thumbnail

How to Start a Brewery: Growing Your Own Craft Beer Business

Up and Running

Building relationships with vendors and the local community. About the plan: Located in Medford, Oregon, Martin Cove Brewing Company has been a successful microbrewery for the past three years. With this money, they plan to expand its distribution to selected metro areas within the state of Oregon. Finding a brewery location.

Oregon 24
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

How well a failed entrepreneur has managed his company, and how well he worked with his previous investors, makes a difference in his ability to persuade U.S. The 20-year venture capitalist is an "angel" investor in Mr. Dreymanns new start-up, Mowingo Inc., Harley Goes Lean to Build Hogs. Journal Community.

article thumbnail

Episode 7: Changing Plans, Niche Marketing, and the Internet of Things (IoT) | The Bcast

Up and Running

Check out Tim Berry’s book, Lean Business Planning , coming soon. Well that’s where the lean planning comes in. Well that’s where the lean planning comes in. That’s where maybe the lean startup mode comes in. Read also: Should You Stick to the Plan or Change It? – (9:47). Jonathan: Right.