Remove Asia Remove Community Remove Later Stage Remove Marketing
article thumbnail

How to raise money for your startup from VCs and investors in Asia

The Next Web

The company is one of the largest VC–backed startups in Southeast Asia, having raised over $60M in funding. We’ve asked him to give us some insight into starting, building, and funding a company across Asia. Asia has far fewer VC firms and institutional investors, each of which invests a far smaller amount of capital.

Asia 132
article thumbnail

Why I Invested in Gogii (textPlus) – My First Ever Later Stage Deal

Both Sides of the Table

Gogii spent way more effort marketing to what I call “The USA Today market&# rather than the tech blog market. I’m on record all over place saying that 70% of my investment decision is the team & 30% is the market. And Austin Murray runs sales & marketing – a role he also held at JAMDAT.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Disrupting VC

thebarefootvc

I saw some specific gaps in the market which I looked to address: NYC: I have been fortunate to be a part of the surge of entrepreneurial activity in NYC over the past several years. With RTP, I plan to help portfolio companies across the US access the fast growing emerging markets.

article thumbnail

15 steps to launch your own tech startup: Part 2

The Next Web

You can find the Part 1, Dream Big and Start Small , Work to Learn, Not Earn , and Join the Community , here. Over the past couple of years Berlin has attracted talented developers, designers, marketers and creative people from all across the globe. Understand trends and markets. Find the right location.

article thumbnail

Does Your VC have an Investment Thesis, or a Hypothesis?

David Teten

The modal VC thesis is: “We invest in great teams addressing large markets with disruptive solutions” Who invests in lousy teams addressing tiny markets with outdated solutions? J-Angels “is a community and a VC fund of top American investors (Jewish-American & Israeli-born) in Silicon Valley and San Francisco.”.

article thumbnail

The Series A crunch is hitting now. Have we even noticed?

pandodaily.com

Incubators, too, helped flood the markets with even more startups, and AngelList played its part too. At each turn, these market changes were heralded as wonderful developments for entrepreneurs. But at a macro level, widespread failure this early is far less painful than if it came at later stages. Source App Annie ]. -