Remove Baltimore Remove Community Remove Partner Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

GRP Announces $200 Million Fund. Rebrands as Upfront Ventures

Both Sides of the Table

I am super excited to announce that today is a day of lots of new things for my partners & me: A new fund, a new office and a new brand. It is 12,000 sq ft of indoor /outdoor space and we’re building into a community work environment. Well, the venture capital industry has changed a lot in the past 20 years … and we have too.

article thumbnail

How VCs Think About Adding New Partners

Both Sides of the Table

After years of trying to persuade Kara Nortman to become a partner at Upfront Ventures I can officially announce now that she’s joined us effective immediately. It is rare to find somebody who matches exactly what I’m looking for in a partner so when you find it you act: Academic rigor (Princeton undergrad, Stanford MBA).

Partner 408
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Bolstering the Partner Ranks at GRP

Both Sides of the Table

It is with great pleasure that I can finally announce that we have added Greg Bettinelli as a partner at GRP Partners. He had joined a young startup in LA called HauteLook and was interested in getting to know the local tech community. This is exactly the brand that GRP Partners wants to embody. Community builders.

Partner 360
article thumbnail

A Few Key People Really Can Make a Huge Difference

Both Sides of the Table

Seattle should be the envy of any non Silicon Valley tech community in the country. And that is precisely my thoughts for Seattle and what I plan to deliver on Thursday night: Which few key community leaders are going to step up and get those neurons properly firing and connected? My recipe for Seattle or your community: 1.

Seattle 317
article thumbnail

How To Find A Programmer To Build Your Startup Idea

socialmatchbox.com

client / Washington, DC ($500 Referral Reward) Developer/Partner / Rocket Whale, Inc. Ycombinator © 2010 Social Matchbox, - WordPress Themes by DBT. . Ycombinator © 2010 Social Matchbox, - WordPress Themes by DBT. . Ycombinator © 2010 Social Matchbox, - WordPress Themes by DBT.

article thumbnail

Details of Upfront Ventures New $400 Million Fund

Both Sides of the Table

I am so proud and humbled to be able to formally announce that Upfront Ventures has raised its 6th venture capital fund in the past 21 years. A huge thank you to all of the Limited Partners who have entrusted us with your capital, time and reputations. So what does one actually do with $400,000,000?

article thumbnail

Being a Business Leader Amid Historical Events

Seeing Both Sides

In the wake of Ferguson, Baltimore, South Carolina, ground-breaking SCOTUS decisions and much more, I imagine she is not the only business leader struggling with these questions and so I thought I would share a few thoughts to address them. Context: Facing History and Ourselves. Tim Cook (@tim_cook) June 21, 2015.