Remove Bankruptcy Remove Community Remove Engineer Remove Web Development
article thumbnail

23 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I owned a mortgage company when the mortgage industry crashed and lost almost everything pushing me to the brink of personal bankruptcy. Since starting the business, it has allowed us to home school our children while providing great value to the healing crystal community. 7- Help small business in website ranking on Google.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #20: the founders of Bitwise on the role of technology in empowering people, spreading benefits to underserved communities, and the creation of OnwardUS

Startup Lessons Learned

Our fundamental thesis is that people of color, women, communities of concentrated poverty, have immense talent to contribute to the technology industry," Jake explained to me. "In Maybe we are talking about community servants or folks we previously thought were community servants. We can be deliberate about these things.

Fresno 60
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

24 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

My firm, atCommunications, LLC—a Chicago-based Web development and digital marketing agency—is this year celebrating its 20th year in business! From a personal perspective, this presented a compelling engineering challenge. When I released this information into the community my life became in danger.

article thumbnail

Convertible Equity, A Better Alternative To Convertible Debt?

techcrunch.com

From 2004 to 2007, she helped lead Congresswoman Carloyn Maloney’s community outreach and relations efforts in New York City. Director, Cloud Infrastructure & Operations Turn Security Solutions Architect Turn Software Engineer, Data Turn Web Developer HelloFax Princ Mobile Software Engineer Advertising.com.

Equity 87